E-File unlimited 1099-MISC forms using 1099 electronic filing software - for businesses, CPAs and accountants. Easily and safely submit 1099-MISC tax returns to the IRS and state departments of revenue. Free trial downloads available.
Great for tax professionals and bookkeepers with several clients. Will be able to send / E-File 1099-MISC forms and W-2s for all clients for one fixed price.
Guaranteed compliance with Publication 1220 (1099 electronic reporting specifications) and IRS FIRE System (IRS Online Service that accepts 1099 e-files).
Great alternative to expensive online 1099 e-File service websites that charge per form or per company / EIN.
$129 flat price ($39 base W2 Mate software price + $90 for e-Filing module). Other modules like the import module cost extra.
It's fast. In minutes, create electronic 1099-M submissions ready to be sent to the IRS or your state tax department. Most states now require filing 1099 forms (not only 1099-MISC, but also INT, K, DIV, R and more).
Receive instantly after purchase (you do not have to wait for a CD to be shipped).
Supports K Record (summary of State Totals for Combined Federal/ State files, each state will have a separate K record). Be careful not all software programs and e-File service providers support the "K Record".
Print 1099-MISC copies 1, 2, B and C on regular paper. You do not need special paper to send 1099-MISC to your contractors or vendors.
Free bulk TIN matching module for 1099 E-File customers.
Supports Electronic Recipient Statements.E-mail, yes e-mail 1099 forms to recipients instead of sending using the post office.
Supports for pressure seal 1099-MISC forms (great for filers processing thousands of 1099-MISC tax returns such as energy companies or financial institutions).
The 1099-MISC E-File module is part of our complete W2 1099 processing software called W2 Mate. W2 Mate is one of the most popular desktop-based software applications for printing (paper) and E-Filing (electronic) W2 and 1099 data with the IRS and other government entities. Please click here to learn more about W2 Mate. For paper filers we also offer a complete collection of 1099-MISC forms at wholesale prices.
If you have your 1099-MISC data inside a database or in some sort of a spreadsheet format and you would like to import this data before E-Filing, please refer to this PDF file for a list of import field definitions.
Please also refer to our sample 1099-MISC template to import your data.
Sample accounting/ERP software you can import and then e-File 1099-MISC forms for: AME Accounting, Cougar Mountain, Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Microsoft Money, Mint.com, MYOB, NetSuite, NolaPro, Outright, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Quicken, Red Wing, Sage 50 Accounting, Sage 300 ERP, SAP ERP, Wave Accounting and Xero.
The following types of payments are supported: Rents, Royalties, Other income, Awards that are not for services, Fees to subcontractors, Fish purchases for resale and paid in cash, Payments to a physician, Federal income tax withheld(backup withholding or withholding on Indian gaming profits), Fishing boat proceeds, Medical and health care payments, Nonemployee compensation, Substitute payments in lieu of dividends or interest, Foreign Tax Paid, Crop insurance proceeds, Excess golden parachute payment, Gross proceeds paid to an attorney in connection with legal services, Section 409A Deferrals and Section 409A Income.
The following states have electronic filing requirement (please call your state to check for latest regulations) : Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
If you would like to test-drive our 1099-MISC E-File software we invite you to download your copy by clicking the button below. Simply download and test, we do not collect any information as a prerequisite for giving you the software download link, unlike other companies that ask you to fill out long boring forms!
1) Start by opening your W2 Mate® software.
2) If you haven't done so already either key-in or import your 1099-MISC forms data.
3) Review, check and double check your data. Can't stress enough the importance of this step. Avoid the headache of filing corrections by making sure your data is accurate before you e-File.
4) If you need to do any batch updates of your 1099-M data, you can use the "Tools" menu where you will find a number of useful utilities.
5) From the top menu inside W2 Mate select "E-Filing > 1099-MISC Forms".
6) Fill-in the data in the dialog that comes up. If you do not have a TCC code, follow this link to learn more about getting one.
7) Do not check the "Test" check-box unless you are sending a test E-File to the IRS. Many filers check the test box and get an error when they e-file since what they really want is send an "Original" submission rather than a test one.
8) Pay extra attention to the Output File name. This is the name and location where W2 Mate will generate your e-File. One of the most common issues in e-Filing is sending the wrong file to the IRS.
9) Review all the data you entered in the e-File screen and hit the OK button.
10) W2 Mate will create the 1099 E-File submission(s), which you need to upload to the IRS.
11) Now follow the instructions in this link to upload the file to the IRS.
12) Congratulations you are done. Wait for 24 hours (in some cases more) and you will get a response from the IRS.
13) If you need to e-File directly with the state. The best thing to do is visit the state DOR website and they will have instruction on how to send the file either online or on a CD (Magnetic Media).